Sunday, December 13, 2009

NW2G Development

A few sketches as I prepare to draw the Nun With 2 Guns story.

First up are some explorations of the characters she encounters in issue 1.





Now onto the Nun herself. I realised that her design wasn't as clear in my head as I thought.



Ignore the top left of the image below. It was inspired by Patricio Betteo, and has nothing to do with this...



My goal is to treat her nun clothing as close to a silhouette as possible. I'm more interested in just playing with the shape. Of course, this is what I say now. I could get into the story and chicken out.




Okay, I'm getting closer with this last group.

8 comments:

damon said...

wow cool stuff

Dark Wizard said...

your doin a nun with guns story? dope!
can't wait.

WJC said...

FAN TAS TIC! That last set are perfect.

James Baker said...

looking good, John!

marco's blog said...

this is going to be awesome!!

Gerald de Dios said...

YEAH!!! Love it already.

monkeyfeather said...

Thanks everybody. Glad you like what you've seen. This project has been a lot of fun to work on so far.

More to come!

Mark Kardwell said...

Just saw these - yup, love the last set. Has something of a Tank Girl/surly simian vibe.