Monday, November 03, 2008

The Rejects






So these girls are from an art direction proposal I worked on a little while ago. I didn't get the job so, yet again, the blog flourishes where my career slowly careens into the abyss of obscurity and unemployment.

Maybe these girls will now start their own band, or become an elite crime fighting team or, if we're really lucky, they'll go through 4 years of post secondary schooling, become accountants, and solve the current economic crisis using only a stick of bubble gum, a pie graph, two paper clips, and a roll of duct tape. Dream on future accountants of America, dream on...

13 comments:

Dan said...

Nice man! I'm feelin' ya, I recently did the same thing for a pitch, maybe it was the same one? Anyways, nice nice nice girls.

craig said...

dude, their loss is out gain. SUPER cute ladies Jo.

Gerald de Dios said...

Rejects? That actually sounds like a good title? "The Rejects". Like a modern day "GEM vs. the Misfits"! Except your characters would kick both their a$$es.

Tobias Schwarz said...

fo the sake of this blog...keep doing these pitches! nice work!

flaviano said...

words like these really put me down. if you have trouble with work i think we all are in trouble!
the designs are great, the last one is my favourite!

Unknown said...

THese characters are FUN , love the design.

Le Tang said...

Really cool and fun man

Anonymous said...

John, I have to agree with all these comments, they say it all, especially with Flaviano. Are they blind out there or just stupid? 'Rejects' does sound good...do more with them. In the meantime don't forget what happened to the guys who exhibited in the 'Salon de Refuses' (excuse the missing accents). We don't remember the other guys...

Unknown said...

So fashionable they are! I'm wondering how could this blog go so unnoticed before my very nose? You got a fan now!

monkeyfeather said...

Thanks everyone.

WERNER!!!! Long time no speak! Thanks for the e-mail. We'll have to catch up soon

KP said...

Hot accountants... I think I've seen that movie on the internets... kinda dirty.
Nice job sir... sorry about the rejection, but as many here on this well groomed blog have said... their loss is our gain!
You are a scholar, a talent, and a gentleman sir... SIR!
KP.

Tooninator said...

These girls rock. Damn art directors.

Dominic Bugatto said...

Nice ones!