Monday, October 31, 2005

It ain't no Tadahiro


Well, another experiment with the digital colour. This time I left it as a pencil sketch then coloured it. I was going for that Tadahiro Uesugi feel. If you have never seen his work, you should check out his site, he is truly amazing. You can find his siteHERE He'll be in Los Angeles in November at THE NUCLEUS GALLERY in a show called 3 TREES MAKE A FOREST. He is doing the show with 2 other outstanding artists RONNIE DEL CARMEN and ENRICO CASAROSA

4 comments:

Kactiguy said...

This turned out really great. It has a nice feel to it.

Garrett Shikuma said...

That came out great! I like the colors, very autumn/winter feeling. Yeah I heard about that show at Nucleus and probably going to attend. I love all those artist's work, especially Enrico's stuff.

Unknown said...

I love the whimsical expression in her face! In Canada, snow is a lot more of a happy thing than in other places in the world, I guess, so maybe this girl is Canadian. :)

monkeyfeather said...

Thanks Guy and Garrett.

Hey Bobby, the artist is Canadian so I think that snuck in there. I haven't lived in a snowy climate in 9 years so I think my thoughts of snow are far more romantic than the reality of the cold and shovelling I used to have to do in Calgary...